The traditional “Push” scheduled project is no longer the best or fastest way for a project team to achieve its objectives. We use concepts from modern Supply Chain management to show how projects can be completed faster and better, especially in remote collaborative teams.
Development processes often slow down or slip schedule because of poor management of the knowledge inventory being developed. Project managers schedule tasks with little regard for critical knowledge timing and capacity. Some subprojects can finish far ahead of others, resulting in knowledge that sits in storage until needed. By contrast in the area of Supply Chain Management, successful companies have learned to maximize the “velocity” of physical products and inventories, where timing and capacity are key.
This module teaches teams how to accelerate your projects through sub-project risk assignment and subsequent scheduling.
TechZecs, LLC offers a one-day training workshop for R&D Executives and Project Managers on how to manage projects at internet speed. This workshop is in the form of thought provoking exercises and best practice sharing.
- Project Teams: Organization, Leadership and Collaboration
- Cross-Project Management – resources, portfolio management, functional interfaces, business system interfaces
- Acceleration Techniques:
- Prioritize subprojects by Risk
- Resource Allocation by Risk
Benefits to Attendees: Learn how to:
- Schedule and complete projects faster by utilizing Supply Chain Management techniques such as:
- Appropriate use of Risk assignment
- Why push-development is still the norm and how to move past it
This workshop is designed for 8 to 12 participants and can be completed in four hours.